It’s Called Affiliate Marketing
If you ever checked out my $11K in 7 days ebook, you know that I achieved the huge feat by promoting and selling someone else’s product as an affiliate. You can read exactly how I did it by checking out this website where I am offering my exclusive ebook on “How I Made $11, 187 Online In 7 Days”, absolutely free of cost. Still those who are new to all these may not understand the terminologies and the technical details that’s in the ebook. So I thought it is urgent to create a blog post explaining what exactly is affiliate marketing for all those who are absolutely new to affiliate marketing.
So, What exactly is affiliate marketing ?
Simply put, It’s the process of marketing or selling other people’s products as an affiliate. An affiliate simply means, to be part of (in our case, the product). So you bring sales to the product producer by becoming part of that product promotion. And in return you get a percentage of the profit from the sales you make.
Let me give you an example to make it more simpler.
Let’s say there is a guy who produces BMW Cars. And yes the guy that produces the BMW car’s is the Product Producer and the BMW car is the product. Now the Product Producer can’t make a profit unless someone buys his product which is the BMW car. So naturally the BMW Producer guy needs people who will bring to him, those people who are interested in buying his BMW’s. Now let’s say you have 5 potential BMW car buyers in your friends list. So you decide to make some money from the sales of the BMW cars by referring your friends to buy the BMW’s. Before you do, you go to the BMW Producer guy and sign an affiliate contract where the Product Producer guy agrees to pay you 5% of the BMW car cost per each BMW sale you bring. So you go ahead and refer your friends to buy BMW’s from this guy, and once they start buying the BMW’s, the BMW Product Producer guy rewards you by giving you 5% of the car cost per each car sold. This is how affiliate marketing works.
The only difference when it comes to affiliate marketing online is that the signing up, referring and sales all happen online without you needing to get out of your home. All you need is a computer with an internet connection to make all those sales and make all those money. So let me show you the steps involved in affiliate marketing and making money with it.
1. You find a hot selling product which you believe can bring you lots of sales
2. You sign up as an affiliate, to promote the product
3. You get a website address for the product containing your unique tracking id so that every sale that comes through that link gets credited to your name
4. You send the website address to targeted customers
5. Customers buy the product through the website containing your unique tracking id
6. Once the customers make the payment and buy the product through your affiliate site, you get credit for the sale
7. The product owner will send out your weekly or monthly affiliate commission payments, mostly by the end of the month via check, paypal or bank transfer.
Did I make it crystal clear ? To make it more understandable without a shadow of doubt, let me show you everything in a picture.
Let’s see how it works:
In the above image, we see that…
1. There is a product owner who owns the product which you will be selling as an affiliate.
2. Next you see the product, for our convenience let’s assume that the product is a weight loss ebook.
3. Next we see the website where the product owner is selling his product (weight loss ebook).
4. Since the product owner is always looking for sales, he’ll be having an affiliate program signup link in his product sales page, mostly this link will be found at the bottom of the page, it can also be on a different page.
5. Let’s assume that you have many friends, relatives or website visitors who are over weight and you see that this ebook will be best to help them out with their weight problem. And when you see that you can make money while helping them, you are excited and so you go ahead and click the “affiliate signup” link.
6. As soon as you click the affiliate signup link, you’ll be taken to a page where you can read all the details of the affiliate program, how it works like, how much money they pay per sale, when you will be paid, how you will be paid etc, also the page will have a signup form or a link to the signup forum where you can enter your details like name, address, email, payment details etc to join the affiliate program. So you click the “JOIN” button after entering the details.
7. After you join, you will be taken to your affiliate dashboard where you can find your unique affiliate link or unique product sales page url, this is the website link which you will be sending to your over weight friends.
8. Your affiliate link will be having your unique tracking id embedded in it, so that every time someone clicks the link or orders the product, it’ll all be tracked inside the affiliate dashboard. This is so that you can login to the affiliate dashboard anytime to see the money you earned or the number of sales you made.
9. Now let’s see how the sales happen. First you start by directing people to your unique product sales page link with your embedded tracking id. You can do it in tonnes of ways, may be you send the link to your friend’s email id or send it in a facebook message or post the link in your website or on a blog post or simply create a youtube video about the ebook and post your link in the description. Whatever the case, what you are doing is driving traffic to your affiliate link.
10. Once your friends, relatives or website visitors starts ordering the ebook, you’ll start getting credits for each and every sale you made and it’ll all be tracked in your affiliate dashboard for your easy reference.
11. By the end of the month, or when you reach the payment period, the product owner will send you the money using the payment method you selected – usually paypal, check or bank transfer. And you get the money in your hands… Happy ending…
To be more clear, please checkout the video which you see at the beginning of this post. Hope you now clearly understand how affiliate marketing works. If you don’t then don’t be afraid to ask me by posting your questions in the comment box below. Also feel free to post any questions, doubts or comments. So do you liked the video? If you do, then I request that you share this post to your friends and family. I’ve included the facebook, twitter, google plus and pinterest buttons for your convenience of sharing.
Also please let me know how you liked the post and the video. I look forward to reading and replying your comments.